NSKK Shoulder Board (Shulterstücke)
The development of the NSKK, National Sozialistisches Kraftfahr Korps, (National Socialist Motor Corps), can be traced back to 1923 when the SA introduced a Kraftfahr Abteilung, (Motor Section), to transport personnel as required. In 1928 the SA Motor section was expanded to Kraftfahrstaffeln, (Motor Squadrons).
In an attempt to create a national motor corps the NSAK, National Sozialistisches Automobil Korps, (National Socialist Automobile Corps), was formed in April 1930 as a NSDAP auxiliary organization subordinate to the SA.
In early 1931 Adolf Hühnlein was appointed as Chief of the NSAK and proposed a name change to NSKK, which was officially accepted in April 1931. In 1934 the NSKK became a fully independent organization under control of the NSDAP and was charged with training personnel and the development of motorized transportation for all the NSDAP organizations.
Uniformed NSKK personnel wore only one shoulder board on the right shoulder unless they were attached to the Wehrmacht in which case they wore two shoulder boards. The shoulder boards represented groups of ranks and the collar insignia would represent the specific rank.
Single sew on shoulder board of alternating silver/aluminum and black cord forming a checkerboard pattern with a green rayon piping and a black wool bottom. This shoulder board signifies the ranks of NSKK-Sturmmann to Obertruppführer. No the piping.